ON THE third day of our festive Scottish Flashbacks, The Scotsman Photo Archive gave to us ... a snowy West End of Edinburgh in 1950.
It’s unclear where exactly the photo was taken from, although we’d bet it was a building in Shandwick Place.
St John’s Church, St Cuthbert’s Church and Lothian Road can be seen in the centre, as well as the Caledonian Hotel on the right hand side.
Edinburgh Castle is just visible through the snow in the background, while trams, cars and people head up and down Princes Street.
The photo was taken on December 14, 1950.