THE story of the Penny brothers will now feature at Glasgow’s Riverside Museum after Jimmy Penny, 92, opened a new display.
The new display tells the story of five brothers who formed a successful rowing team - Tom, Laurie, Sandy, Bill and youngest Jimmy, who became the team’s cox in 1932.
The quintet became known as the ‘Fourpence Ha’Penny Crew’, with the 10-year-old Jimmy being the ‘half penny’.
The brothers were keen members of the Clyde Amateur Rowing Club in the 1930s, going on to enjoy many successes in team events and as pairs.
In 2013, Tom Penny’s son donated his father’s rowing shirt and collection of cups and medals to Glasgow Museums.