Woman burned in flat blaze
A WOMAN has suffered burns following a blaze at a flat in Canonmills.
The 19-year-old sustained burns to her hands after a fire broke out in the second floor flat in Rodney Street and was later taken to hospital for treatment.
It is not yet known what sparked the fire which ignited at around 7.10pm.
Firefighters used a hydraulic lift to douse the flames from the street while crew members also entered the property with breathing kits.
John W Wallace, 62, an actor, and local residents who saw the drama unfold, said: “I noticed a girl in a leather jacket in some distress in the fire engine as she was getting her hand bandaged.
“There was smoke seeping out of the small window of the flat and a lot of firemen bustling about with canisters of oxygen.”
The fire was extinguished by 8.10pm.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Edinburgh
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West