Alan Booth, a non-executive director at oil and gas group OPHIR ENERGY has bought his first holding in the company with the purchase of 25,000 shares at 306.5p each. Several other directors have raised their stakes in the firm recently.
• Mark Horrocks, a non-executive director at broadcast firm IMMEDIA, has purchased 1.1 million shares at 8.75p each. Following the investment Horrocks and his family are interested in more than 29 per cent of the company, which develops instore radio services for major retailers.
• Two directors at cooker manufacturer AGA RANGEMASTER have upped their holdings. William McGrath bought 9,160 shares at 108.73p and Paul Dermody bought 25,000 shares at the same price. Last week, the company said the tide was turning after a difficult period as house sales gather pace.
• Stuart Mitchell, chief of building materials group SIG, has increased his holding with 53,000 shares purchased at 180p each.
• Sten Mortstedt, chairman of property group CLS HOLDINGS has sold 60,000 shares at 1,210p each. He still holds more than 53 per cent of the company.
• Amanda Woodruffe, the operations director at ADEPT TELECOM has sold 25,000 ordinary shares at 127p per share. She now holds 38,209 shares and 561,708 share options in the company which provides telecoms services for fixed line, mobile and data connectivity.