ISHBEL Macpherson, a non-executive director of veterinary drugs group DECHRA, has purchased 2,861 shares at 693.5p each following strong results. She now holds 5,848 shares.
• Nick Allen, a non-executive director at South Africa-focused exploration company DIAMONDCORP, has bought 85,000 shares at 5.7p each. The move increased his holding to 207,366 shares.
• Margaret Ford, non-executive chairman at Scottish broadcaster STV, has bought 11,338 shares at 219p each to increase her stake to 15,788 shares.
• Several directors at HOT ROCKS INVESTMENTS have increased their holdings. Gavin Burnell acquired 550,000 shares, Brian Rowbotham 400,000 and Charles Vaughan 400,000, all at around 1p each. Last week the company, which invests in the natural resources sector, reported a swing to profit in its latest financial year.
• Robert Ware, chief executive at property investment and development company CONYGAR, bought 50,000 shares at 129p each. He now holds 3.5 million shares, or 4 per cent of the company.
• David Nicholson, who heads up the Halifax arm of LLOYDS BANKING GROUP, has sold 50,000 shares at 73.34p each.
• Ian Dinwoodie, chief executive of printing technology group XAAR, has sold 150,000 shares at 834.5p each following well-received interim results. He still holds around 57,000 shares. The company said the sale was part of a pension re-balancing exercise.
• Dr Michael Lynch, a non-executive director at online video specialist BLINKX, has sold three million shares at an average price of 150p. Lynch still retains an interest in more than 17.9 million shares, 4.9 per cent of the company.