SHARES in hygiene firm Byotrol rose strongly last week after the company signed what it described as a landmark deal with consumer products giant Kimberly-Clark.
The seven-year licensing agreement will see the American company behind Kleenex and Huggies launch a range of products using Byotrol’s antibacterial technology.
Byotrol chief executive Gary Millar said: “The successful conclusion of the initial phase of the relationship with Kimberly-Clark is a considerable endorsement of the Byotrol technology.
“This collaboration has been a significant step in developing Byotrol technology and we see this as a starting point to explore further potential.”
Following the announcement, chairman Ralph Kugler went into the market twice last week to up his stake in the business. He bought 400,000 shares at around 7.4p each and now owns 1.7 million shares.
• Peter Huber, president of sensing systems at engineering group Meggitt, has bought 8,616 shares in the firm for 409p each.
• Two directors at Legendary Investments have bought shares in the company. Zafar Karim and Thomas Reuner each purchased ten million shares in the investment company at an average price of 0.1p. Karim holds 13 million shares and Reuner ten million. Last week the company reported a net annual loss of £189,000, up from £113,000 the previous year. Legendary ended the period with £143,000 of investments and £534,000 cash in bank.
• Raymond Kwan, a director of scheduling software group Tracsis, has sold 200,000 shares at 128.5p.
He still has interests in two million shares in the company, which has seen its market value more than double over the past year.
• Geoff Cooper, chief executive of builders merchant Travis Perkins, has sold 51,776 shares at 1,091p each from his family’s holding. He still holds 132,190 shares.
• Russ Rogers, a senior executive of specialist materials group Filtrona, has sold 101,739 shares after exercising options. He retains a stake of 115,668 shares.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Edinburgh
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: West