Director dealings: Radio firm chief buys stake as shares rise
TECHNOLOGY group Sepura, which specialises in radio systems used by customers including the emergency services, recently reported a strong pipeline of orders.
The company said that trading for the first quarter of the financial year has been in line with expectations, with demand from the commercial sector continuing to be buoyant. Recent orders have included an 1,800-unit contract for a customer in the oil and gas sector.
The company said the integration of recent acquisition 3T Communications is progressing to plan and that it had secured its first combined contract from a transport customer in the Far East, worth more than £1 million.
Shares in the company have risen steadily since the update and its market value has now increased by some 40 per cent over the past year.
Despite the recent strong gains, Steve Chamberlain, chief financial officer, last week bought his first stake in the company with the purchase of 50,000 shares at an average price of 75p each.
• Hugh Mackay, chief executive of Europa Oil & Gas, has bought 198,747 shares at 5p each. He now holds 786,863 shares.
• James Peters, deputy chairman of power control specialist XP Power, has bought 11,000 shares at 1,010p to increase his holding to 2.2 million shares.
• Richard King, a non-executive director of data centre group CSF, has bought 55,000 shares at 44.75p. It was his first purchase of shares in the group.
• Richard Smeeton, a director of investment group Rathbone, has sold 10,000 shares at 1,309p each. He now holds 130,653 shares.
• Two directors at investment company Cambria Africa have bought shares in the company.
Ian Perkins bought 65,000 shares at 12.4p and now holds 265,000 shares. Paul Heber bought 50,000 at a similar price and now holds 350,000 shares in the firm, which is building a portfolio of investments primarily in Zimbabwe.
• Arvind Gupta, chief executive at Indian power generator OPG Power Ventures, has upped his holding with the purchase of 150,000 shares at 40p each. He now holds 178 million shares.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Edinburgh
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 21 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West