AFTER returning to growth in sales and profits last year, ingredients firm Real Good Food Company has embarked on a three-year plan to “transform the scale of the business”.
The company owns divisions including Renshaw, which operates a site at Carluke in Lanarkshire which produces jams and preserves under the R&W Scott brand.
It also owns the largest independent non-refining distributor of sugar in Europe, Napier Brown, and a bakery products manufacturer.
Shares in the company have done little over the past year, but recent activity by shareholders and directors suggests confidence in the long-term strategy being pursued.
In June, a Mauritius-based company, Omnicane, paid 60p a share to increase its holding to 20 per cent in a move which reduced Real Good Food’s borrowings.
Last week, non-executive director Peter Salter bought 50,000 shares at 46p each and now holds 131,000. Earlier in the month he had bought 50,000 shares.
Fellow non-executive Christopher Thomas also purchased 40,000 shares in July to increase his stake to 240,363 shares.
• John Laughlin, head of sales at model group Games Workshop, has bought 2,000 shares at 698p each. The purchase increases his holding to 18,582 shares.
• David Holland, a non- executive director at housebuilder Telford Homes, has sold 50,000 shares at 115p each. He still holds 958,143 shares in the company.
• Peter Stephens, who will step down from hygiene control firm Tristel later this year, has sold 50,000 shares at 35p each to cut his stake to 728,521 shares.
• Iain Ferguson, chairman of facilities provider Berendsen, has bought 10,000 shares following strong results. He bought the shares at 520.5p and now holds 110,000 shares.
• Mandy Gradden, a non-executive director of information technology group SDL, has bought 7,500 shares. The investment, costing just under £50,000, was her first purchase of shares in the group.
• Gordon Haslam, non- executive director at gold miner Centamin, has bought 52,056 shares at 76p each, more than doubling his holding.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Edinburgh
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: South