CALL centre software group IPPlus recently announced a healthy rise in first-half sales despite difficult market conditions.
Revenues were up 20 per cent although pre-tax profits dipped to £174,732 from £179,959 after incurring development costs.
Shares in the company have already more than doubled over the past year, but following the results several directors went into the market to increase their holdings.
Chief technical officer Geoffrey Forsyth bought 5,000 shares at 17.75p each and 43,799 shares at 20p to up his stake to 991,456 shares.
Chief financial officer Stuart Gordon purchased 5,000 shares at 17.75p each and 49,394 shares at 20p each respectively and now holds 951,433 shares.
Chief executive William Catchpole bought 14,850 shares at 20p each and now holds 2.5 million shares.
• Geoffrey Miller, a non-executive director at investment company Aurora Russia, has sold his entire holding of 250,000 shares at 37.5p each.
The company said the move follows its successful disposal of OSG Records Management and Miller’s notification of his intention to step down from the board as soon as a replacement has been found.
• Alastair Lyons, chairman of insurance group Admiral, has trimmed his stake following full-year results.
He sold 100,000 of his family’s stake in the company at 1,314p each. He now holds 392,152 shares.
• Neil McConachie, a non-executive director at insurer Lancashire Holdings, sold 25,000 shares at 913p each. The group recently announced stable profits despite the impact of Hurricane Sandy.
• Nicholas Cadbury, finance director of leisure group Whitbread, has bought 600 shares in the firm at 2,522.88p each.
• Nodding Donkey, the oil and gas investment company, last week said directors sold a total of eight million shares at around 1.25p.
The company pointed out that the directors have been receiving shares in lieu of all fees, and the shares sold have allowed them to realise some cash.
• The husband of Devro non-executive director Jane Lodge has purchased the couple’s first shares in the company, acquiring 2,000 shares at 357.29p.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Edinburgh
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North