Barclays – Bank bosses were yesterday reported to be mulling a £4 billion share sale to satisfy regulators’ concerns about the group’s financial strength.
• Brodies – The law firm has expanded its corporate team with the appointment of partner Neil Burgess, who will be based in Glasgow. He brings more than 18 years’ UK and international experience.
• Adzuna – A survey by the jobs search engine found that competition for jobs has eased after an increase in vacancies, although there is a disparity between parts of the south and north of Britain.
• ExecSpace – The Edinburgh firm, which specialises in conference and business accommodation, has named Natalie Maynard as its first regional account director.
• Colpi – US supermarket chain Whole Foods has handed the Milngavie–based ice cream maker a supply deal for its store in Giffnock following a “meet the buyer” event in May.
• Siemens – Chief executive Peter Loescher is leaving the Germany engineering giant after six years at the helm following a profit warning. The board is expected to name a new boss on Wednesday.
• Ernst & Young – Business lending will hit a five–year low of £422bn this year, before recovering “strongly” by 2017, according to forecasts by the accountant’s Item Club.