A round-up of the latest business news.
• Hurry Brothers – Almost 50 jobs have been lost following the collapse of the Glasgow–based glazing and boarding business. WRI Associates was appointed as liquidator for A Borland & Co (Glaziers), which traded as Hurry Brothers, and a subsidiary which traded as Borglas.
• Deloitte Real Estate – All of Deloitte’s property specialists will be brought together in the UK from 21 January under the new identity while the Drivers Jonas Deloitte brand will be withdrawn from the market.
• Grampian Continental – The North–east road transport firm has expanded down south with a base in Newcastle. The move includes the employment of four additional members of staff.
• SABMiller – A British thirst for Italian lager helped the brewer to grow UK beer sales amid a “perfect storm” hitting the market. The firm increased UK sales volumes by 5 per cent in the half–year, driven by a strong performance from its Peroni Nastro Azzuro brand.
• Asset Alliance – The Strathaven–based firm has completed the supply of six refurbished Gray & Adams refrigerated trailers to Graham’s, the family dairy business based in Bridge of Allan.
• RSA Group – The insurance giant has named Lloyds Banking Group non–exec director Martin Scicluna as incoming chairman to replace John Napier, who retires at the end of December. RSA said Napier had been “instrumental in transforming RSA” during his tenure. Scicluna leaves Lloyds in March.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Edinburgh
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 2 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 5 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West