Axminster Carpets – 300 jobs have been axed after the board put the company into administration. Duff & Phelps has been appointed.
• Breedon Aggregates – Improved margins helped the road surfaces group record an 18.3 per cent jump in profits to £20.2 million. Revenues rose 2.7 per cent to £173.5m, amid what boss Peter Tom described as the worst trading conditions in 50 years.
• Ingenico – The French e–payment company has created 21 jobs in Dalgety Bay after investing £250,000 to double capacity at its hardware customisation and refurbishment facility.
• Paddy Power – Profits at the Irish bookmaker rose 15 per cent to £120.3m last year, boosted by the growth of online betting.
• Sparrows Group – The Aberdeen offshore lifting and mechanical handling firm has announced several major contracts totalling more than £190m.
• Reef Subsea Group – Mark Preece is to step down as chief executive by mutual agreement. Duncan MacPherson, managing director of Reef Subsea Norway, takes over an interim basis. Mel Fitzgerald has been appointed chairman.