THE latest business news as Morrisons renews its distribution contract with Norbert Dentressangle and EasyJet’s CEO sees her salary and bonuses rise to nearly £1.99 million from £1.55 million in 2011.
• Morrisons – The grocery giant has renewed its distribution contract with haulier Norbert Dentressangle, which has centres at Bellshill and Eurocentral, for a further two years.
• EasyJet – Carolyn McCall, the budget airline’s chief executive, saw her salary and bonuses soar to almost £1.99 million, from £1.55m in 2011, after annual profits rose 28 per cent to £317m.
• Schuh – The Scottish footwear retailer has announced its final store openings for 2012, in Solihull and Truro, taking its estate to 79 branches throughout the UK and Ireland, and 13 concessions.
• Headlam Group – The floorcoverings distributor has acquired rival CK Davie, which is based in Aberdeen, with an additional base in Dundee, and generated £3.2 million in sales last year.
• Havelock Europa – Perrott Engineering of Halifax has bought the Dalgety Bay–based shop fitter’s fume extraction business for £420,000. Havelock said Bolton–based Clean Air, which it acquired in 2004, made a pre–tax loss of £50,000 last year.