THE latest business updates including Newgate Communications buying the Mullin Consultancy and ReNeuron narrowing its first-half losses.
• Braveheart – The Perth–based investment firm has raised £1 million for mini–mobile phone maker CyCell through its London–based Envestors unit. CyCell’s phones have four, eight or 12 buttons and are aimed at children and older people.
• Spaceandpeople – German shopping centre operator MEC Metro awarded the Glasgow–based firm a contract to rent out promotional space in 36 of its sites for the next four years.
• Mullin Consultancy – Newgate Communications has bought the Edinburgh–based public relations firm, which was set up by former Citigate Dewe Rogerson director John Mullin in February.
• ReNeuron – The Surrey–based life sciences company that is conducting stem cell trials at Glasgow’s Southern General Hospital narrowed its first–half losses to £3.3 million from £3.4m.
• Pinnacle Technology – A trading update from the Stirlingshire–based telecoms firm said its full–year results should show “significant” year–on–year growth in sales and operating profits.
• F&C Asset Management – Richard Wilson has been promoted to the role of chief executive, with Edward Bramson reverting to his post as non–executive chairman.
• British Retail Consortium – Shop price inflation remained at 1.5 per cent last month as a fall in the price of clothing and electrical goods offset accelerating food price rises.