FOXTONS – Managers at the London–based estate agency chain, which operates a fleet of distinctive Mini cars, could receive a windfall of up to £100m under plans for a £500m float on the stock market, which could be announced as early as tomorrow by private equity owner BC Partners.
• Ryanair – The Competition Commission is this week expected to tell the Irish airline to sell all or part of its 29.8 per cent stake in rival Aer Lingus. The order could come as early as tomorrow following a six–month probe.
• Nicola Horlick – IW Capital, the business angel network launched by the former fund manager nicknamed “superwoman” in the City, is to take over rival outfit Beer & Partners, which includes entrepreneur Luke Johnson among its investors.
• Microsoft – The software giant will take on Google’s Motorola Mobility unit this week in the second of two landmark trials between the companies that delve into hot disputes over the patents behind smartphone and internet technology.
• BBA Aviation – The aircraft services company is reportedly in talks to take over American rival StandardAero in a deal that would create a £2.7 billion global giant.
• Care homes – Almost one–in–three care home operators are at risk of failure and could need rescuing, according to a report by financial monitoring firm Company Watch.