TWO directors at social care services firm CARETECH have each bought 485,000 shares.
Chairman Farouq Sheikh and chief executive Haroon Sheikh paid 190p a share for the stakes.
The purchases came as the business announced plans to save substantial costs in rental charges following the acquisition of two property portfolios.
• Michael Buckley, executive chairman of online gambling firm GAMING REALMS, has bought 18,651 shares at a price of 21.87p each. The move increased his stake to 16.3 million shares, approximately 11 per cent of the company.
• John Whittaker, deputy chairman of shopping centre operator INTU PROPERTIES, has bought 50,000 shares at 309p through an investment firm. He now holds more than 192 million shares in the company,
• Jan Castro, non-executive chairman of minerals group SIERRA RUTILE, has bought 125,000 shares in the company at 54p each. He now holds 1.65 million shares. Last week the firm posted reduced sales and profits, blamed on lower market pricing.
• Stephen Coe, a non-executive director of property group RAVEN RUSSIA, purchased 12,000 shares at 69.7p. He now owns 118,107 shares. Last month the company, which provides warehouse space in Moscow and St Petersburg, said earnings had almost doubled in the past six months on the back of booming demand.
• Sion Kearsey, a non-executive director of digital radio group SEPURA, has sold a million shares at 147p each. Kearsey still retains a stake of eight million shares.
• Tom Atherton, financial director of DAIRY CREST, has sold 2,944 shares at around 510p each.
Atherton retains a stake of 3,347 shares in the group, which last month reported trading in the first quarter of its financial year had been in line with expectations.
• Robert Purcell, chief executive of engineering group RENOLD, has purchased 500,000 shares at 28p to increase his stake in the business to 3.7 million shares.